Temporary Action Happening Now
Temporary actions happening at the moment of speaking
- John is winning the game.
- It is currently raining outside.
- She is running a marathon right now.
- He is working until 6pm.
Example Words Showing that an Action is Taking Place Now
- At this moment
- Right now
- Right this minute
Verbs Not in the Present Progressive
The following types of Non-Action and Stative verbs are not (or rarely) used in the Present Progressive:
- States (be)
- Senses (feel, smell, hear)
- Feelings and Emotions (love, hate, want)
- Thoughts (believe, know, understand)