Present Tenses for Future Use
Simple Present for Future Use
Timetables and Schedules
- The bus comes at 10 p.m.
- The restaurant opens later at 3 p.m.
- The plane leaves in an hour.
- We start class next Monday.
- When do you finish your classes?
- He comes home at 7 p.m.
Present Progressive for Future Use
Something that has already been planned or decided on.
- He isn't working this weekend, because we are going on vacation.
- I am meeting him later tonight at the movies.
- The Smiths are having a party next week.
- I am going to bed now. (Just about to happen)